This will be a MAJOR step forward for me - the biggest I've ever, ever taken.
The story is based on "Death's Game" - an element first started in my old series Alula Falling. This isn't a sequel or a remake, it just uses that concept as a base. It has a completely new, fresh story.
The story is much darker than anything I've ever done- though it'll be down to you, the player, to make choices that'll affect just how bleak it gets.
CHOICES THAT MATTER - EVERY EPISODE HAS 2 DIFFERENT ENDINGS
I've written the story specifically with 2 endings per episode. Each will bleed into the next, with the last episode leading to 2 very different endings. The first two episodes will be moral choices, while the 3rd and final will be.......well, I don't wanna spoil it.
TONNES OF INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS - MOST "GAME-Y" VISUAL NOVEL I'VE EVER MADE
- Quick Time Events with time limits
- "Quick Time Events" without time limits (just for things, like opening doors, that aren't time sensitive)
- One major BRANCHING choice per episode
- Constant small choices that'll just tweak the dialogue
- An interactive inventory
- A custom main character name
Originally the story was 5 episodes long, but I decided to condense it down to 3. This choice makes it fast paced and exciting - back to the pacing of the Dead Detention 1 days. There'll be absolutely no fat; it's the most carefully crafted story I've ever plotted.
A UNIQUE, KINDA GOOD MAYBE I HOPE, ART STYLE
Its scratch-y and dark, with splatters of colours. It looks cool I think - hopefully you guys will like it!
VISUAL NOVEL ENGINE UPDATES
- Double click to autocomplete text
- You can now press on the screen OR press spacebar or the right arrow key, to progress through the narrative
- Bookmarks! - The ability to save your current position and resume playing later
There'll also be less reading - with dialogue and inner monologues only - actions will only be shown visually.
I'm aiming to upload an episode each month, starting in August. To compensate for the wait between episodes, I'll be making small teasers which will be up on my twitter and maybe YouTube page. (Links on my profile!)
Once all 3 are uploaded, I'll be combining them into one release. :-]
- JACK ASTRAL